Connecting an EC2 instance with a GoDaddy Domain
There are two simple steps to point a GoDaddy domain to an EC2 instance — create an elastic IP for that EC2 instance you are integrating, and connect the elastic IP to your domain.
Create an elastic IP for the EC2 instance you are integrating.
- Click Allocate a new address on the Elastic IPs page.
- Then, click Allocate on the next page.
- Right-click the row of the newly created elastic IP, and click Associate address.
- Choose the EC2 instance you are integrating.
- Connect the elastic IP to your domain.
Go to GoDaddy’s Domain Manager.
- Go to the Manage DNS of the domain you are integrating.
- Replace the Value of record with Type A with the elastic IP you just created.
- Wait for changes to reflect (This takes at least 600 seconds to reflect, depending on the TTL you specified).
- To check if successful, the domain should now load the EC2 instance you pointed it too.